Monday, March 29, 2010

Quick üpdate!

Because of massive amounts of book-reading and endless self-torture by academic practices, I have had little time to rant about something in my blog. Thus, here is a quick update:
1. Chechen rebels bombed a Russian train station, killing 38+.
2. A South Korean vessel sank in North Korean waters; many are missing.
3. Obama continues to negotiate with Russian president Medvedev for a reduction in nuclear arms.
4. I'm still single.
5. Lady Gaga is still annoying.
6. Sarah Palin is still annoying.
7. Dick Cheney is still searching for his heart.
8. The Texan school board dismissed an appeal to include Oscar Romero in the teaching curriculum, mostly because of the reason that, as quoted from Patricia Hardy, "I guarantee you most of you did not know who Oscar Romero was" and "I just happen to think it's not [important]."
-By the way, I would appreciate it if everyone would e-mail Ms. Hardy and chastise her a bit for her extraordinary ignorance. Oscar Romero was a great man of peace and human rights, and he deserves to never be forgotten. Use this e-mail address to contact the Texas school board: sboesupport@tea.state.tx.us
9. Baseball season starts soon. Hopefully, the Mets won't upset me. Again.

That's all for now,
Das Flüg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, concerns, snide remarks? Leave them here.