Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm Useless

Another summer without employment; this has become the archetype for me. Even when I am employed, I hold jobs with little impact upon any future career path, even though I have not had a job for 2 years now. The saddest part is that I have applied for jobs/internships for which I am actually qualified, and I probably will never hear back from those companies with a decision. Needless to say, I'm irritated.

So, why did I say it if it's needless to say? Perhaps it's necessary; I need to vent my frustration towards the total lack of opportunity for me to advance myself in some desired career in life. I'd rather not become a salesman, or a manager of a Wal-Mart, or a stock broker, even though those are the jobs I found that I was most qualified for at a recent job fair I attended. A major in political science is worth about as much as the paper on which my diploma will be printed.

What am I to do if I end up with a terrible job that lands me in a cubicle? Do I do all the grunt work, accept the alienating push of the labor forced upon me just for a measly salary with little to no prospects for my future? What the hell do I do?

I'm going to take a nap.

That's all for now,
Das Flüg

1 comment:

  1. Hey Zeus,

    I've applied for jobs/internships for which I am qualified and overqualified, and sadly, the lack of professionalism and responses in many industries has frustrated me as well.

    However, my uncle told me a clever line once-- "No income makes for a bad outcome." My advice would be to keep trying to find employment, and make sure your resume shows employers the best version of yourself.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, concerns, snide remarks? Leave them here.