Saturday, March 10, 2012

Writing that is Creative

This is a shared dialogue between a partner and me. Since it's Spring Break, well, you know. Laziness.

Venus Rising

Teapot: It’s getting drafty down here. I should get some underwear.

Crust: Yeah son. Want to check out the garbage?

Teapot: No, I’d rather create my own heat.

Crust: Sure, do whatever you want.

Teapot: No, wait, I’m scared and lonely and cold!

Crust: Don’t worry man, I gotchu.

Teapot: Thanks. Mind if I put my hand somewhere private?

Crust: Private?

Teapot: You know.

Crust: What the hell, man? You homo or something?

Teapot: No man, I meant your purse!

Crust: Hell no, get your own!

Teapot: Come on man, let me touch it!

Crust: If you touch it, I’ll punch you in the face.

Teapot: Whoa whoa whoa, no need for violence. I just really like your purse.

Crust: Just go find one yourself.

Teapot: But yours is shiny and smells of pudding!

Crust: Do you really want it? I’ll trade you my purse for your clothes.

Teapot: Hmm… I have to think about this. My clothes are warm, but your purse is shiny. I like-a da shiny.

Crust: But this purse smells like pudding.

Teapot: I do like pudding. What else can you offer me?

Crust: Yo man, I’ll take care of you at night.

Teapot: Big spoon or little spoon?

Crust: Yo man, that’s messed up.

Teapot: Then what do you mean by ‘take care of you?’

Crust: Let’s just trade.

Teapot: I want the big spoon, man. I want the big spoon.

Crust: Fine, here’s the biggest spoon I have.

Teapot: You know that’s not what I mean, god damn it. I’ve seen you watching me when I bathe myself down by the river. I think it’s time that we admitted that we’re both cold, lonely, and horny.

Crust: Fine, no spoon for you.


(Hint: They're homeless.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, concerns, snide remarks? Leave them here.