Monday, December 13, 2010

Pro Temporum

Finals time has reared its ugly head, so blogging will likely be limited from me. There is one issue, however, to which I would briefly like to lend my two cents: the SHIELD Act.

And no, for those of you comic book fans, this has nothing to do with the SHIELD agency in Marvel comics; in actuality, it is an act proposed by Senator Joseph Lieberman to make the publication of classified documents by an outside party (journalist, newspaper, any third-party medium, including Wikileaks) a federal offense. You can find the actual language of the act here.

In my very brief opinion on the US' Wikileaks imbroglio, I have no problem with them publishing documents, especially ones that offer a better insight into actual foreign relations than that which I read in the newspaper. The documents they leak are not designated as "Top Secret," nor are they overwhelmingly mind-blowing to any extent of the imagination.

Seemingly, the feeling of vulnerability, in every sense of the word, is a bitch.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, concerns, snide remarks? Leave them here.