Monday, April 30, 2012

Last of the Poet-icans

So, my semester and Rutgers career is winding down. Here's my final creative writing assignment in lieu of anything more interesting. The assignment was to write ten statements with "The truth is" connecting them with the clause of "or."

The truth is...
-I can believe it's not butter.
-OR you actually do look fat in that dress.
-OR it's not me, it's you.
-OR Greedo shot second.
-OR your beauty is unmatched by anything on this Earth, or whatever line works best to get me into your pants.
-OR one does simply walk into Mordor.
-OR that I taped us having sex and posted it online. Oops.
-OR that blue crayons don't taste like blueberry, no matter how much you want them to.
-OR that sleeping with your girlfriend's twin sister is inexcusable, regardless of whether or not her sister posed as your girlfriend.
-OR that I like to feign a sense of philosophical sagacity in order to raise my self-esteem and make myself seem smarter than everyone else.
-OR that I'm afraid of graduating and becoming old because being old indicates that I'm one step closer to being weighed down by a family, kids, a mortgage, taxes, and death. Take me back to freshman year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, concerns, snide remarks? Leave them here.