Thursday, July 19, 2012

Done.

So, after a little less than two months, my book is finished; well, the story is finished. It still needs editing. But, 60,000+ words later, the entire story is down on paper. Exposition, character building, denouement, the whole ten yards, all down on paper.

I guess my only concern is finding some way to get it published. Not to denigrate what I'm going to study, but I'd much rather be a published fiction author than work as a policy analyst or diplomat or professor. It's such an awesome feeling, being able to write one's imagination down, create something entirely personal, share it with the world, and be praised for it.

I've been told that I have to get an agent in order to get my work published, which is a little concerning- I feel as if I might be taken advantage of, my work changed or altered without my permission, etc. So, at this point, I've got no idea what to do, maybe aside from start on the next story or just edit this one.

For the two or three people who actually read this blog (including myself), feel free to contact me if you want an advance copy (if this damn thing ever goes to print). I probably will hate my own book, but that doesn't mean that you have to as well!

I guess that's it. Man, these posts are really uninspired.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to read your book :)
    If you want to share it you can send it to my email
    Tillyq@eden.rutgers.edu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you for showing interest. It's still being edited, but I've started on another one which I hope to do in more detail so that it doesn't have to be edited as heavily. Do we, by any chance, happen to know each other? Just curious.

      Delete

Thoughts, concerns, snide remarks? Leave them here.