Monday, July 2, 2012

Dearth

Some (a hopeful number) may be wondering why I have not been updating this blog as frequently as I used to, especially now that I have graduated from college. Well, to be quite frank, my summer has been full of two things: working, and writing.

I got a job (not the most enjoyable nor the most profitable, but it gives a bit of money), and I have been writing a book.

Yes, a book. B-O-O-K. It's a thing with more words than your average blog post.

At this point, I've written ~35000 words, though I feel that I am not even halfway done. To be concise about the plot, in case you were wondering, it's a bit of science fiction that I have had on my mind for the past several years. I actually started out writing another story, but hit the writer's block wall so hard that I rebounded and headed in the opposite direction. Considering that I've been writing for a little more than a month, I feel quite impressed with myself, though the story might be a trite pile of crap.

I guess we'll see how it turns out in the end. Hopefully I'll finish it before I move to London.

Oh, and if I didn't mention it, I'm moving to London at the end of September. Woo. Wait, not excited enough.



There we go.

Anyway, if you were at all curious about what I have been doing (and I really don't know why you would be, I'm about as interesting as a snail race), that's it.

And no, you can't read it. Yet.

That's all for now,
Das Flüg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, concerns, snide remarks? Leave them here.