Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Woof

My life teeters on the promiscuous boundary of procrastination and an intractable urge to get all of my work done. So, instead of being productive on this Tuesday night, I'm eating peanuts and writing in my blog. I'm really not cut out for school anymore.

It snowed in London. It was all pretty and stuff. I took pictures. I like this one:
(Done with the childish sentences)

One year ago, I was getting ready to embark on my final Model UN conference in Montreal. It was extremely bittersweet: I was in a committee that was great (and turned out even better), the city itself is wonderful, my first time out of the US had been on that conference two years prior, and yet, it was all going to end. I had the time of my life at that conference, and I envy every single person who is going in a few day's time, because they don't know just how fondly they will remember it. I want to re-live it all over again, and given the unlikely chance to do so, I would.

But, as it always has, life goes on, and now I'm sitting here clacking away on my keyboard on my couch in my flat in London an ocean away from everything I knew. And that's wonderful, isn't it? Being in a completely new place with so many things to see and do for the first time, regardless of how hackneyed or "touristy" they might be, is an adventure in itself. Hell, I've already seen two (pretty famous) British actors just hanging around in the small theatre area near my flat, though I do wish I had the tenacity to actually talk to them rather than walk by awkwardly. Being from suburbia doesn't afford one interaction with international television/movie stars.

I'm not sure there is a point to this post. Is there ever one, to be honest? "Oh, I think I'll put my opinion about something I think I'm right about, and maybe there will be someone who agrees with me! Better yet, maybe someone will comment!" Nope, no point.

But seriously, please comment. Please. Please.

That's all for now, 
Das Flüg

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're making lots of new friends in London and seeing all the tourist sights!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, concerns, snide remarks? Leave them here.