Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Interlude

1 exam and 1 paper down, a crapload of exams and 1 paper to go. Here's a summary of my thoughts this week:
-Damn
-Damn
-Damn
-Damn
-Crap
-That Arizona immigration law is really oppressive and racist.
-Damn
-Mother fuc***
-Sh**
-Rousseau is a douchebag.

Aside from that, my dad forwarded me an interesting quote from Noam Chomsky that I found to be a bit...foreboding.
“I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime,” Chomsky added.
“I am old enough to remember the 1930s. My whole family was
unemployed. There were far more desperate conditions than today. But
it was hopeful. People had hope. The CIO was organizing. No one wants
to say it anymore but the Communist Party was the spearhead for labor
and civil rights organizing. Even things like giving my unemployed
seamstress aunt a week in the country. It was a life. There is nothing
like that now. The mood of the country is frightening. The level of
anger, frustration and hatred of institutions is not organized in a
constructive way. It is going off into self-destructive fantasies.”

That's all for now,
Das Flüg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, concerns, snide remarks? Leave them here.